Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Technical ICT Expert
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE):
Area of Expertise: Info. Tech and Info. Management
Vacancy Number: VNSMUS00570
Duty Station: Ukraine
Apply by: For full consideration, apply by 8 July. Women applicants are encouraged to apply.
View the job description:
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: by 8 July. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as focal point for all Surveillance technologies related issues in conjunction with ICT equipment; responding to requests for assistance from users; logging calls in a database; maintaining accurate log entries of requests with fault details;
- Facilitating effective operation of OSCE Cameras installed at Observation Point in the Area of Operations (AOR) of Monitoring Team (MT) and providing recommendations on and supporting installation and maintenance of the network and communications systems;
- Carrying out basic troubleshooting of surveillance systems designed to perform in an autonomous mode (unattended surveillance systems), requirements to support them and maintaining their operational lifetime;
- Monitoring software applications used to control the operation of surveillance camera packages ranges for detection, identification and recognition of objects;
- Ensuring uninterrupted and efficient operation of IT infrastructure and delivery of high quality standards of the ICT services for daily activities of the Mission and Technical Monitoring equipment at remote sites;
- Performing installation, configuration, testing and deployment of hardware and software, including Local Area Network, Operating Systems, Electronic mail, Database systems, and security software;
- Performing regular backup procedures and retrieving the archived data as necessary; maintaining library of associated materials for all equipment, processes, and procedures;
- Developing and maintaining existing services and ICT infrastructure related to monitoring technology and sensors; analyzing the set-up of Internet Protocol infrastructure and data traffic between camera and sensor sites and the Technical Monitoring Centre;
- Developing and ensuring necessary security of Mission's ICT systems including proper access control for ICT resources - specifically to data repositories and internal ICT services, co-ordinating the establishment and maintenance of security related services such as antivirus software, firewalls, content scanning and intrusion detection systems;
- Performing periodic quality tests of Camera site ICT Systems (Switches, Firewalls, 3G modems, Microwave links, Internet and leased lines, etc.);
- Performing other duties as assigned.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
Associated topics: crime analyst, criminologist, dna, forensic scientist, outpatient, pathology, research, science, technical, technologist