The employer is a world-leader in calibration gases.
- Directing and supervising a staff of 6-8 quality specialists, quality engineers and quality auditors
- Development and monitoring of established quality metrics (Round Robin, Audit results, customer complaint, internal reject rate, on-time delivery
- Set performance standards for the Calgaz QMS
- Preparing semi-annual management review presentations related to the QMS
- Maintaining ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 registrations for Calgaz; potentially expanding the company's ISO 17025 scope and introducing ISO 17034 based on business requirements
- Lead the implementation of new quality programs, including development of programs to support local, national and/or global policies
- Assist in the development of and oversee quality-related infrastructure for gas & equipment products (e.g. Certificates of Analysis, Safety Data Sheets, RoHS compliance)
- Managing investigations into quality issues (e.g. 5 Whys, 8D, Root Cause Analysis) with expected feedback to customers in 3-5 days
- Interfacing with suppliers & customers to resolve quality issues
- Supporting sales initiatives and product development when needed (e.g. design of experiments)
- Assisting in specialty gas vendor and equipment approvals
- Overseeing internal audits of specialty gas production facilities according to the company's QMS
- Providing technical support within the company to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and Air Liquide processes and procedures
- Monitoring and managing implementation of best practices at multi-site or global scale and quality initiatives through project management and audit processes, including metrics and their application
- Liaising with Airgas Corporate, Division and Regional Quality divisions
- Taking responsibility to ensure that the Quality functions meet or exceed operational goals and objectives, including maintenance of QMS no major audit findings
Supporting operational goals for product lead time and on time deliveries
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the Industrial Gases industry strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Quality Management and/or Assurance functions
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in implementation of or management of ISO 9000 and ISO 17025 quality systems
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Industry operational experience preferred
- Must have prior staff management experience
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with implementation or management of ISO 17034
- Must be willing and able to travel 20-30% of the time
- Majority of operations are in United States and Europe, but some travel to Asia may be required from time to time
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language
- Must be comfortable working with standard productivity packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Suite)
- Must be comfortable working with standard statistical analysis packages (e.g. JMP, MiniTab, SAS)
- Must be proficient working with tools and protocols to generate quality-related documentation for gases & equipment (e.g. LIMS, LISAM, GHS)
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Supervises direct reports in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality